Filing a Civil Process
- Civil processes have to be filed with the issuing County. If issued in Forsyth County, the process
needs to be filed at the Forsyth County Clerk of Courts office
on the 2nd floor of the Hall of Justice located at 201 North Main Street in downtown
- The clerk or plaintiff will deliver the process to the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office along with a
$30.00 service fee per person being served. Service fees can be paid in cash, check, or
money order made payable to the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office, or debit card.
A processing fee will be charged by the vendor for each transaction.*
- The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office will attempt to serve the process.
- Once service or attempted service is complete, the process is returned to the Clerk's
Office of the issuing county.
|Day of the Week
|Monday - Friday
|8:30 am - 5:00 pm
In-State Service of Processes Fee
- In-state processes are $30.00 per person to be served.
- Writ of Possession for Real Property in reference to manufactures mobile homes have an additional advance fee of
$5.00 to be paid at time of service of writ.
Out-of-State Service of Processes Fee
- Out-of-state processes are $50.00 per person to be served.
- Notary Fee - $5.00
Items Needed for Service of Process
- Original process for return of service
- Copies for the defendant
- Self-addressed stamped envelope to whomever the original process needs to be returned to
- Magistrate Summon/Complaint In Summary Ejectment will need one (1) self-addressed stamped envelope for the plaintiff and a self-addressed
stamped envelope for each defendant named on the civil process.
Contact and Fax Information
- Civil Admin Phone # 336-917-7009
- Process Intake Phone # 336-917-7025
- Process Intake Fax # 336-748-3666 from 8am-5pm
- Communications Fax # 336-727-8070 after 5pm
301 North Church Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101